Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



02 November 2005

Kalamazoo Valley Museum's Festival of the Arts is coming right up!

Saturday, 5 November 2005, the West Michigan Lace Group will be demonstrating lacemaking at the Festival of the Arts from noon to 4pm.
http://kvm.kvcc.edu/content/whathappening/handson.asp#459

My tatting shuttles and I will probably be there. I like to demonstrate using the enormous plastic Tatsy shuttles, just to show that the size of the shuttle has nothing to do with the size of the tatted lace. But my real workhorse shuttles are the plain old metal Boye tatting shuttles, with removable bobbins. I used to recommend this shuttle, but I no longer do. The quality has nose-dived in the last 10 or 12 years since I started tatting. I also use the Clover brand tatting shuttles, and I have a nice pair of the made-in-Japan tortoise-look shuttles. I didn't mean to become a shuttle collector. It just sort of happened over the years. My collection is nothing like as pretty as Heidi Nakayama's:
http://tattingshuttles.home.att.net/

If we are lucky, we'll have at least one member demonstrating bobbin lacemaking.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter