Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



05 June 2006

Summer Vacation

Just to let everyone know -- my son is now on summer vacation. He and I share a computer. When he gets bored with his brand-new "Dogz & Catz" program (a virtual-pet program) I will probably have more computer time again.

Meanwhile, I'm in knitting limbo. I washed the wool Pi bag for a third time, but have not measured it yet. I haven't knitted a stitch on my crochet-thread Pi doily. I have a linen bookmark that it would be good to cast off, too.

I am trying to finish a book that is due next week (Barbara Sher's new book, Refuse to Choose!, which is in high demand at the library, so I know I won't be able to renew it.

Next week my son is going to science camp in the mornings, so it is possible I might have some Wi-Fi access and time to myself. If I can get my husband to let me borrow his laptop, and if it has a port for a thumb drive . . . must check on these things.

Meanwhile, I'm also trying to pick up the house with Tornado Boy at home, so I can vacuum eight layers of dog hair off the rugs. The 88 degree weather we had over Memorial weekend seems to have brought on major shedding! Two slicker brushes, a shedding comb, and one of Don Aslett's pet rakes for the floor and I still can't keep up! (I think it was in his Pet Clean-Up Made Easy where he suggested -- tongue in cheek, don't call the ASPCA! -- shellacking the dogs, and at this point I am starting to wonder if that was really such a bad idea . . .

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Alwen, have you come across me in the book yet? Hint: apparantly I'm from Australia...

11:05 PM  
Blogger Alwen said...

Yeah, and you seem to have changed your name, too! But I reckonized ya anyway!

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter