Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



10 January 2007

Photos I Uploaded Yesterday

I had the whole post typed out and these three photos uploaded. I imagine there are extra copies of each photo somewhere on Blogger, but since they aren't attached to a post, I can't delete them.

Anyway, this is the little piece of tatting I brought with me to the lace group meeting Monday night.

Yesterday the temperature went down from the high 40's into the low 30's (that's F, not C!), so for the first time in a long time I was burning a "warm the far reaches of the house" fire instead of a "keep the damp chill off" fire.

Ajax the Golden Dog stretched out luxuriantly on the hall runner in front of it, but when I tried to get a picture, he gave me a reproachful look and turned his head away. He is smart enough to recognize the camera, and he doesn't like the flash.

Truffles, on the other hand, lifted her head and looked straight into the camera.

One of the nice things about digital cameras is that I can play with the brightness and get a fairly decent picture of her. I have many bad film pictures of Truffles. It's hard to get a good photo of a black dog.

Another nice thing was that I was able to zoom in on the brilliant yellow reflections in her eyes and darken them a little, so they didn't shine so much.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

I can sooo relate to the Blogger shut down just as I was about to post issue. Only I had just tried to upload a great long post about HOW To TAT. By the way, just thought I'd let you know, I have enjoyed reading your blog for months and it's one of those I keep in my favorites.
Sharon

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter