Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



02 August 2008

I Picked Blackberries

I'm covered with tiny stinging red scratches.

Then I came in the house and listened to The Onion Radio News: "Rules Grammar Change", which made me laugh.

I didn't know The Onion did radio broadcasts. Oh, look:

Earth Explodes

Oopsie!

4 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

I had no idea The Onion did broadcasts, either. I'll have to check that out. And thanks for the bird links! After comparing the pictures to my pictures, we have decided definitively that it was either a juvenile Cooper's, or a very big Sharp-shin. Go, us.

:)

11:24 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

I've got an iGoogle feed set up with headlines from around the world... and the Onion. Lately I've had trouble telling what was real and what was the Onion. It's starting to scare me.

5:38 PM  
Blogger TinkingBell said...

Have to chase the onion!!
Mmm blackberries - and lots of gorgeous summery pictures! Lovely to see summer - and know it still exists somewhere!

3:21 AM  
Blogger Lucia said...

I know that feeling so well! Bag Balm helps. At least you understand why I think it should be an Olympic event. I wasn't sure anyone would.

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter