Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



19 June 2008

Oops

Guess what.

If you wet-block an Easter-egg-dyed silk wristwarmer on an olive-oil bottle, and put it outdoors to dry, and forget to take it in when the sun comes around that side of the house . . .



. . . it turns out the Easter egg dye is, um, not light fast.

Oops.

2 Comments:

Blogger roxie said...

It will still be silken and warm. and if the subtle color-wash effect doesn't delight you, overdye!

9:38 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Oh, no!! I'm sorry to hear that... Is there really no color left at all?

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter