Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



13 June 2008

Did I Mention It Was Summer Vacation?

It's summer vacation for our son, and this has been one hot week. On the days it wasn't 87 degrees (31 C), we had 87% humidity. There is nothing quite like being wrapped in steamy air too damp to sweat into.

We've had some nice lazy days of sleeping in and late breakfasts. Next week the library's summer reading program starts, and later in the summer we'll have science camp and other fun things going on.

But that does mean I don't spend as much time on the computer or blogging. I'll be here, don't worry, just not posting on the blog a whole lot.

3 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

Do you like your library's summer reading program? I am always of two minds about it. Plus one of our libraries is very strict about who is allowed into performances, and made me send Vaughan in by himself at age four, against my better instincts. Yeah, it didn't go well. Now I tend to just attend the performances we're interested in (at some OTHER library) and skip the rigmarole part.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I love the less structured-ness of summer. When my girls were small, I loved the last day of school because my life got easier. They played with their friends, swam in the pool and camped in the yard. And visited the library twice a week for movies and books. I remember those days so fondly. Now, summer is still lazy but I don't have children to entertain, just me. And I'm fairly easy.

8:02 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Oy, humidity. I don't do so well with humidity! It sounds like you all have a nice summer planned out -- my girls get out on Friday, and they're really looking forward to it!

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter