Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



24 May 2008

He's Back

Although I sleep with a 108-lb (as of yesterday's vet visit) dog next to my bed, and a 1.5-lb D-cell Mag-Lite handy, I still don't like to publicly announce when my husband is gone until he's back.

Another two-week military class is now over. My chief cook and bottle washer is back. Without trying, I've lost 2 lbs. eating my own cooking.

Maybe I ought to be feeding the dog my cooking.

4 Comments:

Blogger roxie said...

I hate sleeping without DH. The bed is so damn empty. Give your sweetie an extra hug and kiss for good measure.

So, how is the dog?

10:24 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Welcome back! I know what you mean -- even with two dogs, the house feels much emptier without Rick (who just came home Wednesday from a shorter jaunt). Enjoy some good cooking :) (what kind of dog do you have again?)

4:23 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

Since my husband got his c-pap machine (for sleep apnea) and the snoring has gone away, I can now sleep in peace next to him. For a while there, I was ready to move to the couch....but you could hear him in the living room! It is hard to sleep in an empty bed. No one to reach out for in the middle of the night.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Georgie said...

I never sleep well when Beloved is away - which I feel strange admitting when you hear I lived on my own for years. Its always so nice when they're back home.

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter