Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



13 May 2008

Shiny Pointy Needles and Thin Colored String

I'll be up for air soon, but right now I have my very own Barbara Walker treasury to browse through.

I guess I needed more 4-0 needles last night.

The colored string is size 8 and 12 Valdani pearl cotton
M32 "Jewels",
M82 "Backyard Greenfield" (looks like BDU forest camo to me),
V16 "Violette di Parma",
M51 "Victorian Splendour" (dead ringer for the M72 - "Fuchsia Garden" I bought last year),
M5 "Denim Blues", and
M58 (a very different ball from my other ball marked M58) "Midnight Sea",
plus a ball of green Coats Opera.

And a fluorescent green tatting shuttle, in case I get the urge to tat with a shuttle that looks like highlighter marker!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

Have fun!!

And re: your comment on my post, I LOVE asparagus!! Especially fresh and local in the spring. Yum.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Rose Red said...

I really must get those Barbara Walker books...maybe for my birthday!

8:11 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Ooh! Aren't Barbara Walker books the BEST! I can't wait to get another one...

11:15 PM  
Blogger Bells said...

I want the BW books too - everyone loves them so much!

7:11 PM  
Blogger catsmum said...

ooooooooooooooooooooooooh pretties
and
I want BW books too - a friend found a FIRST EDITION of one of them in a used book shop in Bendigo for something like $6, gushed to the owner, and now all of the vintage knitting and fibre related books [ and a lot of the 70s and 80s cr*p ] have been repriced.
grrrrrrrrrrrr

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter