Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



28 April 2008

Tempus Fugit

So Friday I took some time to enjoy the hot weather.

Ajax enjoyed it, too, but I don't think the garter snake he was happily hunting in the brush pile enjoyed it! (He's a lucky dog to live in Michigan, which has only one rare species of poisonous snake.)

I used the good light to take a picture of my caught-up Sampler CM (Sampler M, continued). This is pattern 13.

Pattern 14, which came out back in December, was the last one on the group so far, but I didn't enjoy knitting it half as much. But I did knit it, so I'm finally caught up.

This morning I'm glad I took a picture of the shadblow (Amelanchier laevis) in bloom. The flowers are almost gone already.
That's why I really prefer a slow, cool spring to a hot, fast one: I get a chance to enjoy the flowers instead of having them open and burn up in a day.

Weather Update

Snow has disappeared from the forecast. For now.

(So have 80 degree F temperatures.)

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

I see your weather is still up and down. We've headed most decidedly up (100 degrees yesterday), and it's killing me!

5:00 PM  
Blogger Bells said...

Ah, you're back on the sampler trail. Nice.

Pretty flowers. :-)

6:49 PM  
Blogger TinkingBell said...

Hot weather? Barely remember it - second front in a row - my poor tree dahlia!
Your Plants look gorgeous and you must be enjoying the warmth.
But at least it's sunny here- and I've nearly finished anopther cardigan to wear!

7:39 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

Our daffodils lasted for a while this year because the weather stayed cool. As soon as the sun really came out, they wilted.

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter