Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



08 April 2008

Green Goo and Workwoman's Guide

I promised to leave the yarg details out, so the title is about all you're getting.

But the Zombie Cold has still not left the building, and I'm walking around with both ears stuffed up and the feeling that the whole earth is tilted slightly to one side. It will be nice to quit walking into doorframes!

Fiber stuff: hah! The fiber-y-est thing I've done is to download the 1840 Workwoman's Guide from Google Books and print out and bind just the knitting section.

I got a couple of nice books on bookbinding from the library, and maybe if I ever attempt to print out some of these bigger books, like The American Girls Handy Book: How to Amuse Yourself and Others, I'll print them out properly in signatures and make them into hardcovers.

Meanwhile, what I really should be doing is e-filing our taxes.

Otherwise, I'm going to be in deep kim chi with my husband. (Goes off and searches kitchen.) Okay, deep fish sauce, then.

(We seem to be out of Squid Brand Fish Sauce.)

Mostly all I've been doing is reading blogs on Bloglines and reading Ravelry. I did go check my Paypal account, and since I still had $14 in there, I made my $10 donation and joined the "10 Lousy Bucks" group. (Thanks, Bells, for the invite!)

And now, lunch, and then taxes. Really.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Taxes! Aaargh. Must. Do. Taxes.

Hope you feel very much better soon :)

2:30 PM  
Blogger Bells said...

You're making your own kim chee? Wow. I just found a local purveyor recently, near my work, and was very happy.

Glad you donated your $10. I thought it was too good a cause not to!

10:31 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I did my taxes today. When I looked at last year's print out, I realized I waited until the 12th last year so I'm ahead of myself. I am sitting here feeling congested and contemplating which size drill bit would be good for sinus pressure.....I sympathize with you.

1:41 PM  
Blogger roxie said...

You poor soul! That cold is really persistent. You must be building up some awesome immunities.

Actually, the kimchee might give you some relief. Anything hot enough to make you sweat will help to flush your sinuses and unclog your ears - temporarily at least. You have checked with a medic to make sure you don't have an infection, haven't you?

9:41 AM  
Blogger MadMad said...

Oh, I love kim chee! You make your own?! That would clear you right up, though, wouldn't it? Hope you're feeling better soon!

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter