Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



21 March 2008

Happy Second Day of Spring

That Michigan weather. What a sense of humor, eh?

Second day of spring and it's been snowing for 40 minutes. Looks like we'll be hiding the Easter eggs in the snow!

The weather report is all cheery:

WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM THIS MORNING TO 8 AM EDT SATURDAY
This system will bring snow to much of southern lower Michigan with 6 to 12 inches of snow expected by daybreak Saturday.

All kinds of satellite and forecast images of the weather slamming us are available at IPS Meteostar. I also use it to check out international weather by mousing over "Forecast" at the top of the page.

Just yesterday I was looking at some tulip leaves that came up in January and then got buried in snow. I was going to take pictures when more leaf was showing. Now they're buried in snow again.

What can I say? Obviously this is knitting weather. At 28 degrees (-2 C), there won't even be any maple sap flow.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaack, that weather is similar to ours here in UT! Yesterday we woke up to a blanket of fresh snow! I can't take it anymore...we need some warmth.

Have fun diggin for Easter eggs in the snow :).

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter