Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



19 March 2008

Try Not to Swoon

It's actual knitting content!

I was sure I got this one-row scarf pattern from Sheepish Annie's blog, but none of my searches have brought it up. I still think that's where I got it, but I can't find it.

Cast on a multiple of three stitches, plus one. I used 39 + 1.

For the first three stitches, slip the first stitch of the row as if to purl with the yarn in front, K 1, P 1. Then K 2, P 1 across the row. There should be one odd K1 at the end of the row.

That's all.

You end up with a knit column, a purl column, and a seed stitch column alternating knit and purl, so it has just a little texture, but basically it's a simple ribbed scarf. Nice mindless knitting that keeps my hands busy and doesn't make me think too much.

Why I Didn't Post Yesterday

I did post yesterday. I had the whole thing typed out, pictures and all, and when I clicked the orange "Publish Post" button, I got one of those "bk-something or other" errors. And when I tried to back up, the post was gone. Pictures and all. All that was left was the title.

So here is the lovely picture of the gloomy sky that you missed out on through Blogger being a pain.

Dark, eh? Dark, dark, dark, and later on, fog.

Fog with robins in it. The ground has thawed enough that they were hopping around pulling earthworms out of it.

And look what else is in that photo! Green grass!

That's it, I'm declaring it spring, even if it is in advance of the vernal equinox.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger tatt3r said...

I use almost the same stitch for my baby hats. I have a round of k2p2, the next round is k1, *p2k2*. I have two columns of seed stitch, separating a column of knit and one of purl. It is stretchy, soft, and thermal, everything desired in a baby hat! I'm not home today, but tomorrow I'll have some pictures! Bean looks good in my sweaters!

11:24 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

It sounds similar to the yarn harlot's one row scarf. We have a whole flock of robins outside the house this year. I have never seen so many travel together. It's a little weird. But a definite sign of spring! (despite the snow showers we are supposed to get on Sat)

1:58 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Yup. A robin + green grass = spring, date notwithstanding. Enjoy!

4:58 PM  
Blogger Lucia said...

Great stitch! I used a couple of similar ones for my Pine Street Inn squares.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Bells said...

Yep, it's the Yarn Harlot's scarf. I've made it several times. Looks FABULOUS.

I feel so soft and mushy about Robins. They're lovely.

6:26 AM  
Blogger Alwen said...

The Yarn Harlot's one-row scarf pattern says:
*knit 2, knit into the back of the next stitch, purl 1. Repeat from * till there are 2 stitches left. Knit 2.

So it's similar, but no Kb and only three stitches (K2 P1).

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter