Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



04 March 2008

Tired, or is that Re-tired, or maybe Tired Redux

If you're a fellow introvert (and what a lot of bloggers and knitters turn out to be introverts), you can probably appreciate that car-buying is not on the top of my list entitled "Fun Things to Do".

Replacing my van wasn't as much of a pain as it could have been, since we've been talking about it, looking at cars online and in the flesh paint, and reading car reports since my husband's car was paid off late last year.

If we'd had more time, we'd have looked online and test-driven more cars. But given that we live in SW Outer Nowhere, also known as the Land of No Public Transportation Worthy of the Name, we decided to replace the van a month ahead of when we had intended.

So now I am the owner (okay, I will be the owner, after a bunch of payments) of a shiny new red Honda Fit.

5 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

Congratulations!

This is why our car salesboy is getting a pair of socks. The whole thing was very painless. He was so low key, possibly because he's just a boy, possibly because we knew exactly what we wanted. Enjoy the new car, and safe travels!

7:47 PM  
Blogger Rose Red said...

Yay! Red cars go faster!

1:11 AM  
Blogger DEEP END OF THE LOOM said...

Congrats on the new car!!

8:08 AM  
Blogger Lucia said...

What a lovely color! Congrats! I wonder if my husband would fit (as it were) in one of those.

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adorable! Can't wait to see what kind of mileage you get out of that little cutie!

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter