Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



22 February 2008

Saved by the Award!

My thanks to Lucia over at Rhymes With Fuchsia for saving my bloggy derriere* (oh, dear, what a mental image!) with the "You Make My Day award".

Because I got up to row 5 on sock heels and then I went grocery-shopping. Around here, that's a half-hour drive each way (not much compared to some parts of the US, but far enough), grocery-shopping plus all the other little errands to make it worth burning the gas, unpacking, putting away, getting the kid from school, catching up a batch of laundry, eating some supper, and suddenly it's bedtime and where did the day go?

I did some blogsearching and found the root of this award at be crafty be happy. She says, "...give the award to up to 10 people whose blogs bring you happiness and inspiration and make you feel so happy about blogland! Let them know by posting a comment on their blog so that they can pass it on."

I'm currently reading about 70 blogs, using Bloglines to keep track of them, plus I often outclick when one of them links to another blog.

All seventy have made my day in one fashion or another, whether it was a great bird or sweater photo from Marguerite, a monitor-spraying laugh from MadMad, a Sekhmet post from Samurai Knitter, a thought-provoking post from Redneck Mother, a doggy post from tatt3r, a beautiful mitten photo from Hobbygåsa, a cat or travel post from CrazyAuntPurl, a cute kid-in-knitting post from Amy, incredibly ugly fug on Rose-Kim Knits, or yarn, knitting and gardening posts from Bells.

And suddenly I'm up to 10, and I haven't mentioned about 60 other blogs that I enjoy just as well. I love reading about summer in the southern hemisphere when I'm deep into winter. I love reading about food, even if I'm someone who has burned up the teapot attempting to boil water. (I can boil water, I can boil it: it's the stopping-boiling that gets me in, uh, gets me in hot water.)

I love reading the work of better knitters (and writers) than I could hope to be. I like looking at photos of everywhere: skies, gardens, cats, dogs, knitting, children. I like reading about stuff I do, and things I'll probably never do (like re-decorate a bathroom), and things I might conceivably do.

So bloggers I read, you make my day, and I enjoy your (imaginary) company. Thank you all!


*I said out loud, "How do you spell 'derriere'?" where my not-such-a-great-speller husband could hear, and he said, "D-E-R-R and then some French letters." He's not always a great speller, but he's often funny!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

Thank you! Both for the honor and for some new links to check out. Right back atchya. :)

3:35 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Bwahaha! I love your husband's spelling of derriere! Those french letters are just so different from the English ones :)

4:20 PM  
Blogger tatt3r said...

I am honored! Kaylee is just ho hum, you know it takes something really stinky to impress a dog. ;-)

8:26 PM  
Blogger Marguerite said...

Oh thank you! And you even spelled my French name right. You'd be amazed at how many people make that "g" into a "q" because it's followed by a "u".

We had a Pileated woodpecked in the yard yesterday. It didn't come down to the feeders, so I don't have a good picture. Still, it was exciting.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Rose Red said...

hee hee, your husband is funny!

6:59 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Thanks for the nod! It's good to know Sekhmet is good for something. ;)

8:09 PM  
Blogger Bells said...

I thought of you today, Alwen, when I was looking at my new garden bed and imagining the photos. I often think of you when I'm in the garden! So thanks!

4:08 AM  
Blogger MadMad said...

Heh-heh-heh! And some French letters! Love it! And the award, too - thank you. It's mutual - what a wonderful world is Bloggyland!

P.S. LOVE the socks, above. I usually just do a heel flap because it seems easier, but I think the other way looks nicer (once I figure out how not to leave the holes behind...) so I'm going to give it a shot. Again.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Lucia said...

Always happy to oblige... and now I have a bunch more blogs to read.

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter