Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



20 February 2008

Sun (No Knitting)

Although I couldn't participate, give the 14-ish temperatures and lack of a subway, I am amused by No Pants 2k8, and I'm grateful to doulicia for providing the link.

That's my roof, the one I had completely clear of ice and snow Sunday when it was 46 degrees F. and raining. Ha. That lasted about twelve hours.

We didn't get a lot of snow, but it was very cold and windy yesterday. My husband said in one spot, there was flood water on the road he takes to work, and a two or three-inch drop from white ice, to wet pavement, and back up to white ice again.

Apparently the same school authorities who cancelled school a couple of weeks ago when it was 44 degrees and raining have toughened up a bit in the last couple of snowy weeks, and today we only had a two-hour morning delay.

If the sun stays out, by nightfall we might even be seeing pavement on the roads again.

There's no knitting photo today because I didn't manage to turn all four sock heels in one night. I'm much more of a math geek (would it surprise you now to know that I took calculus in high school?) than a speed knitter.

Speaking of geekiness and science stuff, if we're extremely lucky, maybe the sky will stay clear tonight, and I'll be able to see the lunar eclipse.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

I did not take calculus in high school because the teacher had a knack of making it confusing, not only in his class but forever after. Because I have two older siblings, I knew this already and requested to get switched into, oh, basic math I think it was, because I'd already taken everything else. We did SAT prep for half the year. I often cut and went to breakfast.

When I took calculus in college, I was much better off (and far less confused) than my high school classmates who had first been exposed to it in high school!

1:37 PM  
Blogger TinkingBell said...

I am so sad to miss the lunar eclipse (not visible in Australia) although we did have one last year. I really feel I am due all of them! The really nice thing about living in the country is you can really see the sky and that means eclipses, meteors and comets!

11:54 PM  
Blogger HobbygÃ¥sa said...

Thank you for your nice comment in my blog! Hey-I found stuff about doule knitting in your blog, this I have to read for sure! Here we have just a lot of snow, not too cold. -5 to -10 degrees Celcius is not so bad, but I am sure glad I have knitted mittens and hats this winter.

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter