Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



09 February 2008

On My Nerves

I was going to try to write a cheery post about supporting the local animal shelter by buying plates of chocolate "stuff" (cookies, fudge, chocolate-dipped pretzels) at their Choco-Mania fundraiser, one of the least painful fundraisers I've ever given money to.

Then I thought I'd write about going ice skating twice in two days, and how good handknitted socks felt in rental ice skates.

Instead I ended up Googling stuff and got wound up and overwhelmed. I've got stuff bugging me, and I feel like that crabby poster that says, "I've got one nerve left, and you're standing on it!"

I probably should have stayed the heck off the internet and just knitted. It would have been more soothing.

Thing one I'd rather not go into in detail about. In sum, we're having some difficulties with our son's school, or our son is.

I've written about six sentences after the previous one and deleted them. Okay, make that seven. It's very hard to rant about something when you don't want to be specific. Anyway, that's the main one that's making my stomach hurt.

Thing two on my nerves is whatever Blogger changed.

Something changed so that in Firefox, my browser of choice, I can no longer use any of the little buttons at the top of the compose window: I can't bold or italicize text, create links, quote, or upload a photo. Known issues lists this as "Spell check is broken," but I don't use spell check.

Just clicking on the bold button creates an error in JavaScript Console,
"Error: Blsp is not defined
Source File: http://www.blogger.com/v-app/scripts/1211516377-richedit.blogger.js
Line: 412"

What the heck does that mean? Is "Blsp" Blogger spell check? I have no idea. All I know is last Sunday it worked and Tuesday it quit. The only button that works is the video upload one.

I can create posts in IE and all the little buttons work. Yarg, I hate using IE. Why would Blogger break things so they work in IE and not in Firefox? Boy, is it irritating to want to open the blog and complain, and find the compose window doesn't work unless I use my least favorite browser.

Maybe I'll feel better in the morning. When we're supposed to have a high temperature of 10 degrees.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger tatt3r said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Alwen, Are you sure it's Blogger that's broken? Firefox forced an update on me sometime this past week. Perhaps what they changed is no longer compatible with Blogger? Still doesn't help the frustration, one way or the other.

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter