Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



03 March 2008

I am so LUCKY!

That this happened while I was in our driveway, idling forward into my parking spot, and not on the road where I just drove home from school 55 mph with our son!

The plan was that we would replace my van in April, after mud season.

I guess the plan is changed.

Whew.

My husband's birthday is tomorrow, and he was taking the day off anyway.

Happy birthday, my dear: we're alive!

Edited to add: I'm not 100% sure what happened since it just happened and is still sitting in the slush in the driveway, but my first thought is broken axle or broken tie rod end. Here's a close-up, in case you know all about "wheel fall off".

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Lucia said...

What the hell is that? Other than something you don't want to have happen on the highway.

4:24 PM  
Blogger TinkingBell said...

So glad you're OK (Do cars do this stuff deliberately - love the Polish chickens and the socks - mmmmm maple syrup = I have an irrational addiction to maple sysrup - it's one of the few things I'm willing to burn carbon to get here in Australia - everything else I'd sooner get locally - but you've gotta have the good stuff for maple syrup - mmmm

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey sis, looks like you broke the axle, whats actually called a half shaft. Since it is front wheel drive and there are separate drive axel's.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Bells said...

holy mother of god! Ouch. I'm very glad you're still alive. And happy birthday to hubby!

5:43 AM  
Blogger tatt3r said...

That is scary! Thank goodness you were in your driveway! Repair or replace, it's going to be a pain. I'm sending some sympathy.

7:24 AM  
Blogger DEEP END OF THE LOOM said...

How the hell does that happen!!! Did Murphy move it with you and your cars, cause he was living with me all of January. Thank God it happened while you were still in the drive way, what a pain in the a$$.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

My goodness! That looks really bad! I'm glad that you're both OK, and as you said, that it didn't happen just a little bit earlier. Whew. Hang in there! (And happy birthday to your husband.)

5:44 PM  
Blogger Marguerite said...

Yikes! It just doesn't seem like that should ever happen.

So glad you're OK - other than having the face what comes next with the car.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Felicia said...

I don't know a darn thing about "wheel fall off," but I'm very glad it happened while you were still in your driveway!

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter