Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



23 February 2008

Sun, What Sun?

We had a couple of glorious days of winter sun, and first thing this morning, the weather forecast promised more.

But when daylight started to arrive, the sky looked like my 10:49 AM photo below.

"Mostly sunny"? This is "mostly sunny"? Where is this sun of which you speak?

By 10:25 AM the forecast had been revised to read "Partly sunny".

What part, exactly? The part above the clouds?
[There should be a N-S-W-E photo of the sky here!]


[shaking head]

Looks like excellent knitting weather to finish turning a pair of sock heels. I've finished knitting the decreasing part of the Jardin sock heels, and have started increasing again.

And while I'm knitting sock heels, I'm thinking about lace knitting. Some beautiful laceweight yarns are singing to me from my stash.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger TinkingBell said...

A yes - that big yellow thing in the sky...What do you mean 'What yellow thing?' Departments of Meteorology the world over have a lot to answer for!

3:54 PM  
Blogger tatt3r said...

Is your lace weight yarn asking to join in on the latest Pi KAL? Liz is creating an Orkney Pi over at EZasPi. I'd love to get in on that one, but I have nothing in my stash for a shawl.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

We haven't seen the sun in days despite the "partly sunny" forecasts. I am feeling like quite a mushroom with all the cold, grey dampness.

1:28 AM  
Blogger Bells said...

Oh I'm feeling the lace-call too!

The colour of those socks is rather like some I did recently - beautiful huh?

4:06 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

There would appear to be no sun in evidence in the photos your show. Clearly your weather forecasters are on drugs. Hallucinogenic drugs.

Go with the lace knitting; it smacks of spring, which you clearly need some of out there!

2:36 PM  
Blogger Alwen said...

Weather forecasters get the drugs that make them think the sun is shining when it clearly isn't?

That doesn't seem right.

Of course, they also get the ones that make them think it's going to snow when it turns around and doesn't, so I guess it balances out.

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter