Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



05 March 2008

Mary Thomas

I have to hurry offline this morning to buy floor mats for the new car before our "gravel" (=dirt) driveway fills it up with sand and mud.

But I'm trying to start a Mary Thomas group on Ravelry so I'll have fellow knitters to prod me to do a knit-along with her Pattern Book. Or maybe start something up like the Barbara Walker Treasury blog.

Or maybe just exclaim in amazement that X obscure knitting technique is described and illustrated on page 237, and how often have I Googled in vain looking for information on it!

Anyway, if you're on Ravelry, and you're interested, the MetaGroups thread is here:
"Mary Thomas book group, maybe KAL", and my Ravelry ID is (surprise!) alwen.

Now I have to quit saying, "I have to get offline" and get offline!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger TinkingBell said...

Red cars go faster!!- well known fact!

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter