Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



11 November 2005

Brief Yarn Rant

The word "soft" in the name of the yarn does not mean it will feel soft. The fact that the yarn looks soft, appears soft from the center of the aisle, does not mean it will be soft when you touch it. The fact that the last ball of this yarn that I bought, in the exact same color, same brand, same dye lot, even! -- that the last ball was soft, does not mean that this ball will be soft.

Silly yarn buyer me, to think that any of the above would mean I would be buying soft-feeling yarn!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter