Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



09 November 2005

Other Sidetrack Projects


Here are a couple of my other sidetrack projects, two scarves I started after beginning the Shetland Lace workshop. Yarn snobs, prepare your smelling salts: the yarn is Red Heart Symphony, an acrylic [gasp!] mohair-look yarn. Yes, well, I'm sorry. I do suffer from wool prickle, and there's no point spending megabucks on a skein of wool yarn to make a pretty scarf I won't wear because my neck is all red for days after I put it on. [twinkle] Should I add that I'm knitting them on plain ole' size 11 Boye aluminum knitting needles?

Another sidetrack project was to put good points on the cheap bamboo knitting needles I won on eBay. For the price, they are good needles, but some of the points were too blobby for my taste. I used my pencil sharpener on them! Followed by two grades of fine sandpaper, then the nail-buffing kit. After I've sanded them to the point that said Red Heart Sympony yarn doesn't catch on them, I consider them good. For twenty bucks, I have 9 sizes of single-pointed knitting needles, including the elusive 7.0 mm.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter