Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



30 December 2005

No Lost Arts Today

Rather, a lost yarn catalog! Before Christmas, I got a yarn catalog with a free shipping coupon, and I looked for it on and off all day today. I think I got one row of the cuff ribbing done on the purple double-knitted mittens. I finally did find the darn catalog.

I also had to help my husband put up our new storm door. Actually, I read the directions and figure out what to do, and when I need upper body strength, I go get him and say "Hold this" "Stand here and hold this up" and "Don't let this slip while I screw in the screws". He cooks, I fix things, and assemble and install them. Works for us!

Unfortunately, the door opening is a little wide, and we need some spacers or shims. And it was getting dark before we could get them. So the door is half-in. Maybe it will be in by the end of the year, maybe "next year".

I took two envelopes of photos, labelled them, and put them in my albums. Had to get that done, since I am one picture away from the end of the roll in my camera.

Oh, okay, so there's my lost art for the day: taking pictures with a 35mm camera that uses actual film. It takes much better pictures than the HP digital I use to post here! But I didn't want to finish a third roll and have all those pictures piled on top of the others. One roll is not so bad to label, two is a bit of a pain, but I did it, but three would stop me in my tracks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter