Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



21 December 2005

More things OFF the needles

I finished my lace-experiment scarf, made of the Red Heart Symphony, a mohair-look acrylic yarn. This is a nice, warm, very lightweight scarf. I just wish real mohair did not make my neck itch so much!

I had a pair of socks started in Lion Brand Magic Stripes yarn, but I frogged them completely last night. I don't know, they just didn't please me. Maybe I'll use this yarn to try the "two socks, one inside the other" KAL with the double knitting group.

I still have a lace ball, a pair of purple mittens, and a miser's purse on the needles. I did a repeat of the lace ball last night. I figure if I do a round or so a day, the project is not "dead".

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter