Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



18 January 2006

Weather All Over the Map

Monday my husband had the day off from work, and we had sunshine. Cold air, but sunshine.

Tuesday my husband was back to work, and my son was in school, and it rained all day. I was not sorry to see the rain, as we ended the year something like 10 inches short of average in rainfall. Go, rain, go! And fill up our vernal pool.

This morning I got my son up and ready for school, scraped some frozen rain off my windshield, and when we got to the school, the building was dark. Ohhhh, I didn't think to check for school closings!

We went home and I tried to double-check on the web for school closings, only to find that my new firewall/antivirus software, which worked fine Tuesday night, today was blocking all my attempts to connect to the internet. Darn, and also dang!

I played around with it for quite a while, in between feeding the dogs, folding and putting laundry away, and all those repeating house chores, and finally got frustrated enough to do a system restore. Only to find out in an email from my husband, that A) The telephone ringer was still turned off from the 3am call and hang-up we got very early this morning, and B) School was not closed, but open with a two-hour delay!

I looked at the clock and got my son back into coat and boots very fast! He was just in time for 5 minutes of recess and to eat his once-a-week hot lunch. Whew.

Meanwhile, today, Wednesday, started out with sprinkles of snow.

Knitting Content

A while ago, I was playing around trying to make a top-down, or crown-down, hat. It wasn't coming out very well, so I unravelled it and tried brim-up, but I wasn't happy with that either. So I had it just sitting on the needles. My friend suggested the pattern here and I think that is what I am going to go with. Yes, I unravelled again -- thank goodness for ball winders! -- and started over from the top again! After two tries, I think I might finally end up with a hat!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter