Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



02 July 2006

Basmati Bags

Megan asks "Is it wrong to buy rice you don't need because you like the cotton bag it comes packaged in?"

Take a look at her pretty basmati rice bag with two roses!

My husband buys basmati rice because he likes the rice.


I save the bags, even though our basmati bags are only coarse, strong-smelling brown burlap. When I went looking for a bag so I could take a picture, I found not one but FOUR of them. They do have a nice red zipper, about 10 inches long, and I had half-picked out the stitches holding one of the zippers. So I assume my past self was saving them for the zippers. I can't be sure, because she didn't leave me a note.

Yes, we really did eat all that rice. Basmati rice smells wonderful when it is cooking. Tastes good, too!

Has anyone else a basmati rice bag they'd like to share?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I think your burlap bags are much nicer! Cool! I would save those too - not sure what I would make with them, but I would save them nonetheless.

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always buy Basmati rice. I liked the bags, but never knew what to do with them so I have always thrown them in the garbage. Now that you pointed out the zipper, I will keep them :)

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter