Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



03 May 2007

Teamwork: It's Wonderful

Unfortunately no pictures, but last night members of the Lakeshore Fiber Arts Guild met and cut paper for our Kinderplaats activity during Tulip Time in Holland, Michigan, on Saturday.

We are a small guild, so we will only be there Saturday. But with many hands (and papercutters), hundreds of sheets of paper were precut in about an hour.

I sorely missed my camera, because our program was "Show and Tell," and members brought their own work to show off and talk about.

Wow.

A beautiful entrelac scarf/shawl, some absolutely gorgeous beading, needle-felted creatures, altered books, handmade paper, and pictorial double-weaving were only some of the cool things we admired and passed around last night.

I brought the Pi shawl and my Sampler M, but I could (almost) have traded for that entrelac shawl!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter