Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)

20 April 2007

Sign Our Son's Cast

or, "What I Did On Friday the Twentieth"

Seconds after I logged off this morning, the phone rang. It was my son's teacher, saying he had tripped while running on the playground during recess and hurt his arm, and he wanted to go home.

To make a long, alternately stressful and boring afternoon short, he has a splint on, in case of an occult fracture of the elbow, and a follow-up visit scheduled for next week. (That's occult as in "hidden", not astrological or sorcerous.)


Blogger Cindy said...

Ouch! Sorry to hear of the accident. At least (so far) it's not a true break. Kids heal fast and casts do tend to bring some bragging rights -- at least they did when I was a kid. :)

You can always knit him a "cast cozy"! LOL Something in camoflage would be cool.

5:58 PM  
Blogger Isela: Purling Sprite said...

Owie! Poor little one. Hug him lots :)

7:13 PM  
Blogger tatt3r said...

Oh No! That's gonna itch. Sure hope it comes off soon. Give him another hug. ;-)

6:19 AM  
Blogger Alwen said...

Thanks -- he's had many hugs over the last few hours. (And yes, I did bring knitting, a pair of socks and my Sampler CM.)

10:07 AM  
Blogger DEEP END OF THE LOOM said...

Poor Baby, that's gotta hurt. You know if your needles go missing you might want to check inside his cast. When I was a kid, my mom broke her leg, guess what she used to scratch deep inside the cast??

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about John's arm but you're not the only one who had to sit in the Emergency waiting room. Dominic decided to stick a medium size pony bead up his small right nostril and it got stuck. We tried to get it out and he moved his head and Scott caught his nose and it bled, this was on Monday afternoon. Yesterday we took him to the doctors and they couldn't do nothing either, so it was the hospital job to sedate him and they had to take it in turns to get the bead out, they did in the end. It was a stressful and tiring day. He's much better now.

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter