Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



04 May 2007

Tired

Here is a May morning in Michigan for you: plowed fields, green finally starting to show on the trees. Power lines that come from one of the two nuke plants right on Lake Michigan. (All that handy lake water for cooling, you know.) (And I have heard someone say in all seriousness that it's nice to swim down there because the water is warmer.)

I'm tired and I haven't got to the hard part of my week yet. So I'll conduct a little tour of a couple of the blogs I read.

CoffeeLady: check out her tile rug. This looks so cool. I hope her hand heals quickly!

The Knitting Fiend has a great haiku today -- and even though these say they are knitted, in the close-up, you can see they are woven. (I'm a weaver, but I wouldn't claim them.)

Tatt3r has a set of blogs. On her lacystuff one, she has just finished a Hungarian tape lace mat after taking a class at the Great Lakes Lace Group's Spring Fling. I think bobbin lace looks fascinating, but if you could see my studio, you would understand why I'm scared to start in on another fiber art.

Being a word geek (among other things, always among other things), I enjoy Harmless Drudge.

And although it's not a blog, ever since I read "Ladle Rat Rotten Hut" out loud with two friends and laughed until my stomach muscles still hurt two days later, I have loved Howard L. Chace's Anguish Languish. I think it really requires more than one person, reading it out loud and sounding it out, to make it funny. In print it's just annoying, but out loud it's hilarious.

I still will sometimes say "My mouse worse waddling" for "My mouth was watering," and I'm sure there are people who just think I have a weird speech impediment!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter