Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



17 December 2007

Singing

I heard a weird noise just now, and walking around to suss it out, found that the cast-iron steam kettle on top of the soapstone woodstove was singing.

The kettle was singing.

How often have I read that? And now I've heard it.

Christmas music on the CD player: Butch Thompson's Yulestride, one of my all-time Christmas favorites, alternating with things like Bethlehem after Dark, Anonymous 4's On Yoolis Night, Ethan James' Ancient Music of Christmas (primarily hurdy-gurdy and definitely not for everyone), Christmas with Sonos Handbell Ensemble, or The Jethro Tull Christmas Album.

What? You didn't know there was a Jethro Tull Christmas album?

It's an education, blogreading, innit?


Now [says to self, firmly] must go get ready for Christmas!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Jazmin said...

There's a whole Jethro Tull Christmas album!? I've got one of their holiday songs in a compilation, but never knew there was a whole album! Woot! Must find! Thank you. :)

12:50 PM  
Blogger TinkingBell said...

Love the Jethro Tull - great choice!!!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Bells said...

well the yarn harlot was playing the Bee Gee's Christmas album at her place so there are all sorts of marvels out there!

7:45 AM  
Blogger catsmum said...

I'm trying to imagine what a Tull Christmas would sound like and failing miserably :]

12:12 AM  
Blogger CC said...

Greensleeved is our current favorite Holiday song!!!

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter