Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



06 December 2007

One Ornament Exchange Down

I finished tatting the fourth motif and got my exchange ornament stretched and stiffened just in time for our Lakeshore Fiber Arts Guild meeting.

I guess I am still in the ball-making mode -- last year's exchange ornament was Eve Clemenger's knitted swirl ball.
I remember that I meant to knit one for our tree, but never got back to it.

We had some social time, a potluck with incredible food, show and tell (I brought the double-knitted mittens), and our ornament exchange.

Show and tell with this group is always a lot of fun! I can't believe I didn't think to bring my camera. We have doll artists, quilters, paper makers, embroiderers, needle felters, crocheters. I saw some fascinating art dolls, and crocheted finger puppets that were art dolls in their own right, Hardanger embroidery, a needle-felted Father Christmas, a sculptural art quilt. Lovely stuff. No camera!

Last of all we did our ornament exchange, and I brought this little guy home.
If you are going to participate in the ornament exchange, you bring a wrapped ornament with your name or card inside. All of the ornaments are put in a basket, and if you bring one, you get to choose one, no peeking!

I picked a beautiful shiny blue bag, and this cute little snowman was inside! Our son was asleep when I got home, so he has not seen him yet, but I know he's going to love putting Mr. Snowman on the tree when we decorate.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Rose Red said...

Your ornament is fabulous! I would be thrilled to receive that in a swap.

And snowman is fab too - very cute!

5:02 PM  
Blogger Lucia said...

The tatted ball is beautiful. How do you make it round?

5:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your glass ornament covered with tatting is lovely!

1:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter