Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



03 December 2007

Simple Perversions

Mean Things to Do

(example)

The first one is the burning bag of dog droppings trick: Fill a paper bag with dog poo, stealthily put it in front of your enemy's door when you are sure he is home, set the paper on fire, ring the doorbell, and hide in the bushes to watch him come to the door and stamp the fire out.

I had led a sheltered life, I guess, because I had never heard of it until I read it in the book.

Another says "Remove all the gin from the used bottle and replace with spring water."

Simple Pleasures: wonderful & wild things to do at home, by Nora Gallagher
Addison-Wesley Publishing Company
copyright 1981
ISBN 0-201-04579-6 (paper)
Library of Congress Catalog Card No. 81-12837

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just managed to get a copy through Abe books for $1 plus postage - woohoo! Thanks!

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter