Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



07 January 2008

Snow Dog, Drowned Rat Version

I knew I was taking all those snow pictures for a reason. When our son tells his hypothetical grandchildren how deep the snow used to be, he'll have pictures as proof.

Top picture, 8:00 am 3 January 2008.

Bottom picture, 10:00 am 7 January 2008.

Sheesh.

As of 12:23, it is 62 degrees F out there (about 17 C), and we're under a flood watch due to pouring rain on top of melted snow. And by Sunday, the forecast is for a high temperature back in the 20's again.

The tender spot on the inside of my thumb from raking the roof hasn't even gone away yet!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Donna Lee said...

Isn't it weird? Two days ago, we had space heaters on in the bedrooms to help out our old heater. Right now, I am sitting in the bedroom with the windows open. Is it time to watch out for the zombies?

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! I really do. I think I am meant to be a northerner.

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter