Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



25 December 2007

White Christmas

Our little door-yard walk, from the start of the snow on Sunday to Christmas Eve morning.

I'm happy to report that apple dumplings and chowder ingredients made it up to Christmas Eve, and yet again I peeled frozen shrimp until I couldn't feel my fingertips. (That's one way I can tell it's Christmas eve: I'm standing at the sink peeling shrimp, and my fingers are freezing.)

The highway was clear and dry, although I heard on the radio that the power was out at the Gerald R. Ford airport in Grand Rapids for about 14 hours. (The backup system powered some lighting and no heat -- had to be cold in there when it was 27 deg. F/-2 C outside!)

Before we left, I filled the birdfeeders and took the apple cores and peelings, celery leaves, and parsley stems out to the compost pile for the rabbits' Christmas eve.

We got home very late and very tired, and I had to wait until an excited kid fell asleep before sneaking the Santa gifts under the tree.

(He says, "Mom, I know you're Santa Claus" -- hey, do I look like a guy with a white beard to you?)

Now the trash is full of wrapping paper and it's time to get ready to go and visit my parents!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Bells said...

yay! Snow day! I love that decoration, so pretty.

So tell me, what are you doing eating shrimp in winter? That's an Aussie thing - prawns at christmas!

4:02 PM  
Blogger TinkingBell said...

Yay for prawns at Chrissy!!!
Merry Christmas to you and yours -so lucky to have a real white christmas!

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter