Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



22 December 2007

It's the Dark of the Year

Today is the winter solstice in the northern hemisphere, the shortest, darkest day of the year. As if it weren't dark enough already, it warmed up well into the 40's today (around 8 or 9 C), melted all the snow, and stayed heavily overcast.

On a gray day like that, a person needs evergreen trees in the house, candles, music, presents, and heavy-duty comfort foods.

We're having golabkis (Polish cabbage rolls).

And tomorrow, a winter storm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter