Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



19 August 2008

Proof

Proof that I was at the Michigan Fiber Festival:







Proof that Julie doesn't have to worry about the size of her thread stash:





Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Olivia said...

Your thread stash is a work of art!

8:21 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

It looks like you had a great time!

9:09 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

HOLY FREAKING CRAP THAT'S A LOT OF THREAD!!!

Okay. I feel better now.

And next time I feel the urge for #30 tatting thread, I'll just swap something with you.

Holy crap.

10:35 PM  
Blogger Rose Red said...

Oh my. Oh my. OMG!! Look at all that thread!!! Not to mention the great haul from the Fibre Fest!

11:19 PM  
Blogger roxie said...

Ahh, decent thread stash. Good job.

Looks like fiber frolic fun, as well!

9:02 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

When my brother and his wife were cleaning out her mother's house after she moved into an "assisted living" environment, they found a largish box full of thread and tiny, tiny, crochet hooks. They didn't know what to do with it and asked me if I wanted it. Of course I wanted it. And then I gave it to my daughter who had a desire to learn to tat. Shortest length of time thread has been in my house ever.

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter