Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



13 November 2005

Tussah silk scarf is done!



[swoon] Very often when I am making something, whether I am knitting, tatting, weaving or whatever, I love it while I'm making it, and then there is a distinct letdown after it's done. It's still beautiful, but . . .

Not this time. I love how the tussah silk yarn feels when it is knitted. It's got this indescribable heavy, limp drape, it's soft, it has that silky shine. *sigh*

And I feel so smug, I'm knitting lace! Hah! Two years ago I could barely knit seven rows in a row without ripping it out in disgust. I had to look at the book to tell garter stitch from stockinette. Believe me, it is really hard to knit lace when you have to keep flipping back to the instructions for "k2tog"!

These days, I even know what knitters are talking about. I have Clover bamboo knitting needles. I've heard of Inox and Addi Turbos. Look out, world, I've made a gauge swatch -- and I know how to use it!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter