Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



21 January 2006

Yup, That's Snow!

Yesterday I was looking at brown grass out here. The light looks very blue in the early morning. The only snow I have seen lately is the crusty, grainy remnants of drifts on the north edge of deep drainage ditches.






It looks like we'll be getting a little sun this morning. The birds are already on the birdfeeder. Yesterday I saw a group of six to eight eastern bluebirds in the top of a big maple tree. I wonder what they are eating today!

On the left, the snow at about 10am this morning; on the right, same view about 5pm.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter