Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



22 March 2006

Knitting for peace

I read about it too late to post about it until now, but I spent some time yesterday knitting for peace. Both for personal peace, as I was working on tax forms and needed all the peace I could get, and world peace.

I don't post about it much here, but my husband is in the National Guard. He hasn't been deployed so far, but guys in his unit have been. The possibility is always there, in the back of my head, and sometimes in the front. I think about and hope for peace all the time.

The whatever-it-is cloth is getting longer. Garter stitch pulls up more than the moss stitch borders. I can see I need to put some more short rows in the center. Only another inch or so, plus some rows across the middle, until I work the top border.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter