Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



06 July 2006

A Few More Bits and Pieces

On the Yahoo double-knitting group, Alasdair reports finishing a triple-knitted hat, double-knitted with three colors, so the unused color is stranded between the layers.

How cool is that? That's exactly the kind of thing I hoped would happen when I started the group, that incredible ideas like this would be shared. The group has been pretty quiet lately. I know I haven't been pushing it much. But it is definitely meeting my expectations.

Tatt3r has split her lacy stuff off into a second blog.

Scrumply knitting photo:
At first, just the edge was curling up as I worked it and took needles out. Then we got a really humid day, one of those 80 degree F and 80% humidity days, and the whole thing crumpled. I am thinking blocking. And starch!

Oh! I was pretty thrilled to see that the Yarn Harlot's fiber festival article on Knitty.com has my local fiber festival, the Michigan Fiber Festival, listed in the sidebar.

A couple of corrections: "Alegan" should be "Allegan", very helpful if you are Googling or looking for maps.

And "romni" (the sheep breed) is spelled "Romney". (A sure sign of the many years I've been hanging out with spinners and weavers.)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the corrections to the list. Amy wrote it, so I'll forward your points to her!
Many thanks.

10:31 PM  
Blogger Alwen said...

No offense, I hope! Allegan is a local city for me, and I've been hanging out with "sheepish" people for twenty-something years now.

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter