Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



28 October 2006

Phone Line . . . Bad

So many clicks, pops, and so much static it sounds like an AM radio. Upload a picture? Ha ha ha ha ha! I'm lucky to be able to download email right now. I am getting connection speeds (when I CAN get a connection) of 30 Kbps. And lower.

Husband swears the phone cable access box was not leaning at an angle like that before the roadside was mowed, but is gone for a National Guard drill this weekend, leaving me with the fun task of calling the phone company and enduring their "If it turns out to be a problem inside the house we charge you $100 just to show up and shake our finger of shame at you" speech.

The first time I had to call, the roadside mowing guy had hit it with his cutter bar and broken a couple of teeth (out of the cutter bar). Up to the phone cable box, mowed grass: after the cable box, mowed grass with an unmowed strip. Result: no dial tone.

The second time, just this summer, someone had left the road in their pickup truck and hit a neighbor's cable box hard enough to rip the fence post they had next to it right out of the ground. Then they drove away! Result: no dial tone. And the phone company sez, "We haven't had any reports of problems." Why is that, do you suppose?

2 Comments:

Blogger Looming Looney said...

Hey, i've got the clicks, pops, static in my phone as well. when i talk on the phone it sounds like some one is sending a fax.

i don't know what i hate more the overpriced repair bill or the "we'll have someone out between 8 and 5" speech they always give you and wouldn't you know it they show up at exactly 4:59 and 59 seconds. A whole day waisted.

death to the phone company!!!!LOL

6:26 AM  
Blogger tatt3r said...

How's your Pi cape? You've inspired me to pick up my Pi doily, I'm in the 576 st section, and have 20 rounds finished. I think the SamplerM has improved my lace knitting, because it's going much smoother than before. Do you find the cape knits easier than your earlier doilies?

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter