Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



24 October 2006

Joys of Dial-Up

Woke up to snow -- here's a photo montage. The blue photo in the middle is a field of asparagus plants bowed down by the snow. On the right you can see more snow falling off to the east of us.

Our phone connection is terrible this morning, crunching and popping so much that the modem insisted there wasn't a dial tone. I finally (knock on wood) got through. We'll see how long this lasts & how fast I can type.

I can't believe the Pi shawl is crowding three circular needles. Even if I had a 60" circ., it would be crowded. As it is, it's on a 29", a 36", and a 32", with six repeats done and the seventh started.

I am not sure what I will do for a cast-off. The edge is way too long to use the invisible cast-off, which takes about three times the length of the edge. I'd be pulling about ten yards of yarn through each stitch. Naaaahhhhh.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter