Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



14 October 2006

Sampler M, Patterns 14 and 15

Pattern 14 makes nice stockinette diamonds. Pattern 15 is just a wee fragment of a thing, three pattern rows long.

I find it very interesting to compare some of the patterns that make diamonds. 14 has the yarnover and its decrease right next to each other, like a larger version of pattern 10. Pattern 9 also made large diamonds, but there was a double decrease in the middle of each diamond, so they take more of a fish-scale shape.

Yes, I know I can read about how all these things influence each other, but they make a lot more sense to me when I do them and see them happening under my fingers. Sometimes I think my fingers are a whole lot smarter than I am!

We had our canton meeting (the local division of the Society for Creative Anachronism) last night, and a re-cap of how we did on our annual event, Vineyard Raids. We didn't lose money (which is always good), and we had about 70 paid attendees, also good. The group discussed ideas for next year's event, based on what went well (or not) this year.

That is, we discussed the event following a great potluck: roast turkey, pumpkin pies, a pecan pie, squash, casseroles, baked beans, baked apples. Gotta love a group that loves to eat.

Today the husband, son, and I are planning to go to Fennville's Goose Festival. The high temperature is forecast for the mid-40s with 1-20 mph winds! Brrrrr!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter