Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



13 October 2006

A Rather Blustery Day

Another windy day in southwest Michigan. Muskegon is quite a ways north of us, but take a look at the webcams. The wind speed is 25 to 35 mph, gusting at 45 to 50 mph.
I think we are in the GMT -5 time zone, so in case we are in the dark when you try to look at this, here is a screen capture of the waves breaking on the lighthouse.

When I drove my son to school, the lights inside were on when I got to the corner, but as I made the turn, they went out! So we went in to make sure, but with the electricity out, school had to be cancelled. He turned in his weekly homework, and I took him home.

Although he had suggested that he stay home again today, when we reached home, he insisted he wanted to run around in the yard in the wind with the dogs, which they were delighted to do. Funny how healthy he is when he isn't faced with a school day!

I have been neglecting my Sampler M for the last two weeks, but a cold and windy day seems like a perfect time to catch up. It seems very peculiar to me to have had snow and to have all this cold air, when my tomato plants still have not frosted here.

And now I think I'll go knit, and throw a nice hard piece of hickory into the soapstone stove. Ahhh, radiant heat!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that all the snow you got? Have a look at my blog to see what real snow looks like a wee bit further north. I like your web log. Renate http://360.yahoo.com/rossteusch@sbcglobal.net

2:57 PM  
Blogger Alwen said...

Believe me, I'm close to the lakeshore -- I know what real snow looks like! It'll come, it'll come.

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter