Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



11 October 2006

Home with sick kid

One of the advantages of being a stay-at-home mom is that when your kid wakes up with one of those gooey-sounding coughs, you don't have to scramble around taking a sick or personal day yourself in order not to send him to school.

On the other hand, the disadvantage of being a stay-at-home mom is that then your sick kid is at home with you, resisting doing the schoolwork you picked up from school, and wanting to use your computer, and in general scrambling your day.

Then on his grammar page, where he is supposed to write a sentence using a personal noun (did I do this in the second grade?), he writes, "I love Mom" for his sentence.

Heh. So it's not so bad. But I didn't get much blog time today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter