Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



08 February 2007

I've Got An Idea

Let's just erase Wednesday and start over.

After I published yesterday's post, I checked my email before disconnecting, and saw the following Subject line from my husband's work email address:

Hit Deer

Oof. I opened it and read

Call me.

Oof. The armory phone number was busy, so I paced up and down hitting redial until someone answered.

My husband said he was driving to work in the early-morning darkness, and he braked for the first four deer, only to hit the small straggler that came running trying to catch up.

Doesn't look like much, does it? But you can see the hood is crumpled in front and sprung by the windshield and the plastic bumper is cracked. One of the headlight mounts is cracked. Thank goodness the deer didn't hit the windshield. And for insurance. And that the deer was a small one, smaller than Ajax.

I want to talk about something else now.

What I've Been Doing (and Should Be Working On Right Now)

Drawings and text for the netmaking class I'll be teaching Saturday at the Society for Creative Anachronism's St. Valentine's Day Massacre XXXIV.

(This would be the Midrealm's St. Valentine's Day Massacre in Kalamazoo, Michigan, not to be confused with the St. Valentine's Day Massacre happening Sunday in the Barony of Politarchopolis, in Canberra, Australia, or the St. Valentine's Day Massacre in April in Florida.)

I've got stage-fright butterflies already.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! Glad to hear he is okay though. It is amazing how much damage a deer can cause a car. Glad that your hubby is okay and that the insurance company is taking care of it.
My hubby one day hit a wild turkey and it took half of our front fender off.

12:32 PM  
Blogger DEEP END OF THE LOOM said...

Glad to hear your husband is alright. My brother hit a bear, of all things crossing through the Everglades, it crushed his Mercedes hood, windshield roof and trunk. Can you believe they found the bear and he was alright?? I hope you get your car fixed quick. I bet insurance agents just sit there and say to each other "you should see this claim"..

2:33 PM  
Blogger tatt3r said...

It's a pain to fix your car, but a bigger hassle to find a new husband. Especially once you've got a good one all broken in. Keep the guy, fix the car, and we'll thank goodness for your blessings.

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad your husband is OK, cars can be fixed or replaced. We live in an area that is deemed a deer vhichle hot spot. We have seen deer crossing the roads at all times of the year and all times of day.
Don't stress about your class for ValDay. You can bet that your students will learn alot and SCA students are usually very happy to learn in classes. I am teaching 2 classes at the end of the month at College of Three Ravens in AEthelmearc.

6:54 AM  
Blogger Alwen said...

I figured if he was well enough to email me, he was probably okay. But it was still a relief to talk to him. When I called, he & the guys where he works were cleaning it. The police officer who took the accident report gave him a kill tag. I said I think buying a license would have been cheaper.

Class handout is done, whew, what a relief.

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter