Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



01 February 2007

Overcast Days

Although the snow makes it seem a lot brighter to my eye, my camera says it is too dark and dim to take a good photo of my Sampler M progress.

Last night I finished pattern 26, "Sugarscoop" and two rows of pattern 27, "Lily of the Valley," an interesting lace knitting pattern that uses a K2tog on the purl side.

We are getting plenty of snow again. When I was a kid, we called this kind of feathery snow "angels having a pillow fight".
It's not bright enough out there for the camera to use a fast enough shutter speed to catch those feathers in mid-air.

The forecast says another 1 to 4 inches today, more roof-raking for me.

In other news, the Knitty.com "surprise" articles are up, including Julie's article on color theory. This is the kind of handy info that a color challenged knitter like me can really use. And the photo of the Bohus sweater sent me off the the library website to put a hold on Wendy Keele's Poems of Color.

If Bill Watterson only knew, one of the reasons I still miss "Calvin & Hobbes" is that what other comic artist is dressing their characters in Bohus sweaters?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter