Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



27 January 2007

This Is More Like It!

More like winter, that is. I'm glad I raked the roof off yesterday while the sun was shining and the temperature was heading up to 40 degrees F., a regular heat wave.

We had overcast skies and no snow all morning. My son and I left after lunch to take the trash away and to return library books, and on the way home, we ran into a storm of feathery flakes. Since then we have been getting "snow bands," clouds that set up over Lake Michigan and pass over us dropping snow by the pillow-fight-load.

I didn't get much knitting done, just a row or two on the new waffle scarf.

After we got home, I started a couple of loaves of bread, using up the sweet liquid from a quart of canned strawberries. (Our son ate up the strawberries.) Now we have hot strawberry-smelling bread cooling on the rack that will make great peanut butter sandwiches or toast. Yum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter