Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



19 January 2007

No Clever Title

Winter finally came back. This snow dog would be happy, if I could get rid of the tickly sore throat I woke up with.

I tried about sixteen times to get a decent photo of the white-crowned sparrows that have been mobbing my bird feeder. I have counted up to eight at once. I've never seen so many at my feeder before. House finches, yeah, in flocks of tens and dozens, but not white-crowned sparrows.

I thought I would have a picture of the big eyelets in pattern 21 of Sampler M to post today. I did one repeat and was not too happy with them, so I frogged them out again. I dug out Mary Thomas's Knitting Pattern book and am re-reading "Grand Eyelets" and the posts on knitting pattern 21 without cutting.

And the urge to knit seems to have come back with the cold weather, because I can hardly sit still to type this for wanting to go take another stab [yuck yuck] at them. Plus I hear the Pi shawl calling me again.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter