Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



07 March 2007

Another Almost Finished Item

With the hat finished, the next thing to call my name was this knitted cloth, patterned after a dishcloth my husband rescued from the armory last year. (That armory has been closed by the state, and I'm pretty sure this would have been one of many items that went into the big dumpster.)

At top right, the original (the "X" cloth) and at bottom left, my version (the "O" cloth), along with some of the charting I did along the way. The original is knitted in something very limp and drapey. I used crochet cotton, and my finished cloth is much springy-er, much livelier, than the original.

I started knitting this last March, and last worked on it in November. I think it picked up some negative knitting mojo when I took it along one day while I had van repairs done. They took a long time, and I worked on it until I was fed up with it. But now the border is knitted and it only needs casting-off.

Hovering just out of camera range was Ajax.

I tried to catch him with his big nose right on the edge of the original knitted dishcloth, but he was too quick for me!

Fiber and Lace Events

The next week or so will be busy: tonight is my Lakeshore Fiber Arts guild meeting at the Herrick Library in Holland, Michigan, at 6:30pm. Next Monday is the West Michigan Lace Group meeting at the Byron Township library in Byron Center, Michigan.

The Great Lakes Lace Group is having their "Spring Fling" in Grand Rapids in April, and the West Michigan Lace Group will host a trunk show with Kathy Kirchner in May.

(I better start saving my pennies!)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter