Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



24 February 2007

"Boo!" aka Michigan Weather

Doesn't this sound like fun?

Urgent - winter weather message
National weather service Grand Rapids MI
330 pm est sat Feb 24 2007

Winter storm warning for early Sunday into Monday. A strong low pressure system will move to near Chicago by Sunday evening and then stall out over our region Monday. This system will cause snow to develop during the very late evening hours tonight especially near and north of I-96. East winds up to 30 mph with higher gusts could create whiteout conditions at times Sunday morning near and north of interstate 96. Areas south of I-96 will see a significant icing event with snow and sleet changing to freezing rain during the early morning hours Sunday. Significant ice accumulations are possible particularly near and south of interstate 94. Between interstate 94 and interstate 96 a mix of snow...freezing rain and sleet is expected late tonight. The combination of light to moderate icing and gusty winds could lead to downed power lines and tree limbs across southern lower Michigan. All the precipitation should change to snow by late Sunday afternoon and lighter snow will linger into Monday morning.
I'm going out to bring some more wood in for the soapstone stove. And maybe fill up a couple of water jugs.

Beyond that, I already have plenty of yarn and about three projects on the knitting needles. Guess I'm set!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter